Hotel Operations Analyst
Responsible for performing primary research, developing and reporting key performance indicators (KPI) and providing insights regarding the performance of property operations initiatives and marketing initiatives, including but not limited to, campaigns, competitors, customers and current promotions. Analysis data and recommends opportunities for continuous improvement.
The Operations Analyst will directly assist the EVP - Operations and Senior Operations team in operating hotel and resort assets under Cross Hotels and Resorts. To assist in the completion of operations related projects and help facilitate communication amongst the team (which the majority are remote office based) and to create a pipeline of future senior executives for our company that have the high-level understanding of our culture and systems as they garnered additional position experiences.
LIVING THE BRAND
Adopt, implement and live the Brand Core Values of your specific property Brand: X2 Hotels & Resorts, X2 VIBE and AWAY Resorts on an everyday basis, linking all Resort initiates back to the brand values.
CORE TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct in-depth analysis on property operational and assessing effectiveness, measuring return on investment and identifying trends and opportunities
- Perform market research projects, including competitive analysis
- Support and provide consultation for the improvement of operating efficiencies including: increased revenue, expense management, effective use of resources, and customer service in cooperation with property division leaders
- Organize data, identify issues, and propose solutions with assignments and timelines.
- Analyze feedback, identify opportunities for improvement and work with property/department leadership to establish standards and methods for service improvement and operational process/flow to ensure efficiencies.
- Evaluate market penetration studies within the Hotels and Resorts databases
- Ensure compliance with all properties and company internal controls, policies and procedures
- Provide outstanding guest service in a timely manner to both guests and fellow team members that meets the company’s guest service culture standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Direct daily support to EVP - Operations for projects, problem resolution, and operational value enhancement initiatives
- Annual/ongoing budgeting and forecasting of operations for individual properties and multiple property funds
- Assist with Capital Projects & Design Process:
- Liaison and analyst for EVP - Operations and senior operations team with ownership during the analysis and execution of value-add capital projects
- Assist in the transition of assets into and out of the managed portfolio
- Assisted in the conceptualizing, underwriting, and execution of new hotels and restaurants
- Assist senior members of the team on various a wide range of tasks during the week
- Report on all properties Guest Satisfaction and Online E Commerce Scores/Rankings
- Ensure consistent process & procedures for all hotels being managed under Cross Hotels and Resorts
- Ensure the delivery of a reliable report of all properties submit within the assigned deadlines
- Supports all General Manager to ensure a constant and consistent delivery of Operations reporting materials and to drive the business processes forward.
- Ensure professional and efficient utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures
- Ensure effective information gathering and relevant analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximise on all possible opportunities and minimise any risks
- Maintain effective and regular communication with all General Manager to ensure that all relevant requests, which enable the implementation of optimal strategies and controls are dealt with in a professional and efficient manner
- Follow Best Practice and Standard Operating Procedures for Cross Hotels and Resorts to ensure all operation decisions are supported by appropriate data analysis.
- Feed ideas and suggestions into operation department to strive for constant improvement of operating procedures.
- Consistently evaluate current procedures and data sources to ensure the Operations Team are provided with the most reliable and accurate data available.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 3 + years prior experience working in same or similar role preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills especially corporate communication to a broad audience.
- Strong analytic skills in both hospitality operation and overall asset valuation.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with effective financial reporting/analysis and cost benefit analysis required
- Very strong time management abilities due to multitude of projects.
- Proven experience providing high level of guest service
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective leadership and organizational skills
- Able to effectively communicate in small groups, as well as on an individual-basis
- Delivers presentations in a concise, well-organised manner
- Presents clear and logical arguments and decision based on factual data
- Quick and accurate when evaluating complex written and numerical information
- Recognises trends in data
- Can apply problem solving techniques in order to determine the root cause of any problem/issue and being to determine the most effective solution
- Works effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Reacts quickly with determination and energy, whilst remaining calm and level headed in order to deliver results
- Identifies priorities effectively, balancing importance, urgency and resources
- Manages time efficiently within tight schedules
- Demonstrates key project management skills in order to manage communication and organisation alone as well as within a project team, and deliver results within required deadline
Compensation & Benefits:
- Social Security
- Medical benefits are provided in accordance with the company’s group health policy.
- Minimum 16 days of Annual Leave and 16 days of Public Holiday
- 8 Days off per month